The disciples were gathered together with the doors locked because of their fear of Jews. Then Jesus came, stood among them, and said to them, "Peace to you!" Having said this, he showed them his hands and side. So the disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, "Peace to you! As the father has sent Me, I send you." (John 20: 19-21)
- Here Jesus is telling us to go out and spread the word of God... "The Good News", that through the death and resurrection of Christ we are now saved from our sin. In spreading this, we must remember:
- The Authority to go out and spread the Gospel of Jesus comes from God. Through your own decision to follow God's plan for you, it should now become a desire for you to let others know what you know and allow others the opportunity to make the great decision you have made.
- Jesus laid the foundation and instruction manual (through the way he lived his life) on how to do this.
- God sent Jesus....Jesus now sends followers and US!!!!
Father, as I sit here and read your instruction manual on how you want our lives to be lived, I ask that you give me the insight to not only live that life according to your plan and will, but also be able to share correctly with others your word as well. With that I also know I am a sinner who will sin until the day I die. However, I ask that you help me improve on how I live my life and to use my actions and words to reflect you more and more as I grow in this walk with you! Thank you again for you magnificent son Jesus Christ... AMEN!

No comments:
Post a Comment