Work hard and cheerfully at everything you do, as though working for the lord and not man (Colissians 3:23) "Don't give up 5 minutes before a miracle happens"

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Listening to God: Hebrews 12:14-17

Studied and Written in April 2010:
Hebrews 12:14: Try to live in peace with everyone, ans seek to live a clean and holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord.

  • We should work very hard to not let sin block our vision of God. 
    • Obey God and live in peace with others
    • We might no always like other believers.  However, we must pursue being more Christ like. 
15:  Look after each other so that none of you will miss out on the special favor of God.  Watch out that no bitter root of unbelief rises up among you, for whenever it springs up, many are corrupted by it poison.
  • Bitterness - has the ability to show its evil face and cast a dark cloud over the deepest Christian relationship.  
  • Allowing grudges to fester can severely damage our Christian foundation and cause a multitude of immorality to be exhibited. 
    • BRING CHRIST INTO OUR LIVES TO HEAL THIS BITTERNESS.  
16-17:  Make sure that nobody is immoral or Godless like Esau (Genesis 25:29-34 & 27:36).  He traded is birth right as the oldest son for a meal. And afterward, when he wanted his fathers blessing he was rejected.  It was too late for repentance, even though he wept better tears.  
  • Mistakes (Sins) even when repented, can still cause harm to us.  
  • We should make choices based on what our vision for life (long run vision) and not what we desire now.   
  • As Christians, make sure to evaluate long range effects of decisions to assure that our morals as Christians are not put in jeopardy.  
Lord, as I make this daily walk with you, I pray that I make choices that would reflect my faith in you and my beliefs as a Christian.  While I know my walk with not be perfect, I pray that as I attempt to walk a Christian path, I also model for believers and non believers, how you expect me to be.  And as I make mistakes, I ask that you give me the vision to see that mistake, learn from it, and grow as a Christ follower.  Thank you for the  sacrifice of your son Jesus Christ, who made this all possible!  In his name I pray this prayer for all of us...AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment